A woman’s cycle begins on the first day of her period. The phase before ovulation is a great time to practice yoga and focus on inverted poses.
Inversions help clean the uterus completely after a woman’s period. This is absolutely necessary to ensure the uterus is ready and prepared for ovulation.
Other poses to focus on include those that have a concave position. Using blocks, straps and wall are great tools to assist.
A simple practice:
1. Child’s Pose: Starting with extended child’s pose and holding for a few minutes.
2. Downward Dog: Transition to downward dog with option to rest head on a stack of folded blankets.
3. Headstand: If you have a regular and safe headstand practice, hold for up to three minutes. Alternative pose to practice is legs up the wall.
4. Shoulder-stand: Against the wall or without the wall support. Hold for at least three minutes.
5. Supported Plow Pose: From shoulder-stand you can move into plow pose, have the feet rest on a bolster or stack of blankets.
6. Forward Fold: With concave back, use straps
7. Butterfly Forward Fold: Have soles of the feet together
8. Child’s Pose
9. Savasana: for at least 10 minutes
Focus on inversions and rest during this time. Prepare the mind and body for ovulation and becoming pregnant.
Join us every week for drop in fertility yoga classes. Our classes are safe for those undergoing fertility treatments.