Have you ever wondered where all of the weight gain during pregnancy comes from?
During pregnancy, the average weight gain is 20 to 35 pounds. Once you have reached your second trimester, you will gain an average of 3-4 pounds per month until delivery.
- Baby – 7 ½ pounds
- Placenta – 1 ½ pounds
- Amniotic Fluid – 2 pounds
- Uterine Enlargement – 2 pounds
- Mother’s Breast Tissue – 2 pounds
- Mother’s Blood – 4 pounds
- Fluids in Mother’s Tissues – 4 pounds
- Mother’s Fat stores – 7 pounds
Some of these may surprise you – who knew fat sells can be as much as baby! The female body is amazing and undergoes many changes to grow and nurture your baby.
As your body changes and your baby grows, remember that you are beautiful. Be sure to rest when you need to. Relax. Take the time to enjoy this special journey and connect with your baby.
- Sit in a comfortable position (cross legged, legs straight shoulder distance apart)
- make sure to have your sit bones supported by sitting on a folded blanket or cushion
- Close your eyes and bring both palms over the belly button.
- Begin to breathe deeply in and out through the nose. Try to inhale and exhale for an even count of three.
- Begin to connect with your baby. Repeating when I relax, my baby relaxes. When I relax, my baby relaxes. When I relax, my baby relaxes. When I relax, my baby relaxes.
- Send your baby lots of love.
- Slowly open your eyes.