Fertility Yoga Workshop Series
January 19 @ 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm| $140
Fertility yoga is more than yoga poses. This practise is designed for those trying to
to conceive, have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, has polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or endometriosis, has had one or more miscarriages or is undergoing assisted reproductive technology treatments (ART).
In this six week’s series, you will learn how to breathe and practice a series of yoga poses designed to detoxify and calm your body, as well as to stimulate the endocrine and energy systems that support reproductive function.
We will explore postures that focus on strengthen the uterus, pelvis and ductless glands (thyroid, adrenal and pituitary). You will be encouraged to connect to your body and adapt your practice to how you are feeling and where in your monthly cycle you are.
We will end each class with a 15-minute guided yoga Nidra session. Yoga Nidra is an a practice of deep relaxation and can be used to manage stress and connect on a deeper level and awaken your inner potential. This guided relaxation can also help you to train your body how to relax on your own.
There will be time to ask questions and learn about other services that West End Mamas offers that may help support you on this journey.
Benefits of Fertility Yoga:
- Reduces stagnation in the reproductive organs, increases energy and blood flow
- Reduces stress, moves the body into the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS)
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Allows focused attention (breath, moment by moment, meditations)
- Regulates the endocrine system
- Brings connection back to the mind/body
- Poses and sequences can be designed to work with the menstrual cycle
- Postures that alleviate treatment side effects
- Being within a community of people who understand
Time: Sundays 6pm or 615pm for 75 mins for 6 weeks
Starts: Sunday January 12th